- Efficient hotspot for a new cryptocurrency, Helium (HNT)
- Complete set-up in minutes using a smartphone
- LongFi™ technology maximizes range and battery life
- Low Power – uses about the same amount as a 5W LED bulb
- Easily manage Hotspots and tokens from the mobile app
Helium LongFi™ is a technology architecture that combines a leading wireless technology, LoRaWAN, and the Helium Blockchain. LongFi™ is optimized for miles of range, and long battery life for IoT devices
RAK Hotspot earn HNT when devices connect, and for validating wireless coverage delivered by peers. Using a system called Proof-of-Coverage, RAK Hotspot earn more HNT when they’re in range of other RAK Hotspot , but need to be at least 300 meters apart.
Range depends on the environment, for rural areas up to 10 miles or more, but for more dense areas up to a mile. Single RAK Hotspot earn less as they can only issue Challenges over the internet, and can’t participate in Proof-of-Coverage.
1unit RAK Hotspot V2 – 1pc LoRa Antenna – 1pc USB C Power Adapter – 1pc 32GB SD Card